our blogjust usthe sitefeatures

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Lydia in Wonderland

Senior sessions are so special to us.  We have the most amazing people come to us.  Seniors who really are unique and want their voice to be heard! What a voice Lydia has.  There is no other way to describe her other than to say, she is just special.  I can't explain it.  She is simply a light.  a lovely little light!  When Lydia stepped out of the car having driven from VA.  we knew that we were instant soulmate friends.  She had her quirky little high socks on and the cutest little outfit {yes she dresses like this everyday}  Lydia dreams of being a writer.. to change the world with her pen, and we are fully confident that she can do it.   When collaberating about her shoot, things she told us she loved were reading, Alice in Wonderland, and Tuck Everlasting... we wanted to mix the idea of everlasting youth and the oversize magical quality of Alice. We achieved exactly what we were going for in this shoot, and not because of the oversized imaginative mushroom, or the lovely forest we frolicked in all afternoon.. it was Lydia that made it so magical.  Lydia you are lovely wonderful and just plain magical.


“How old are you, anyway?' she asked, squinting at him.
                                          There was a pause. At last he said, 'Why do you want to know?'
I just wondered,' said Winnie.
All right. I'm one hundred and four years old,' he told her solemnly.
No, I mean really,' she persisted.
Well then.' he said, 'if you must know, I'm seventeen.'Seventeen?'That's right.
'Oh,' said Winnie hopelessly. 'Seventeen. That's old.
'You have no idea,' he agreed with a nod.” 
Tuck Everlasting






“And what is the use of a book," thought Alice, "without pictures or conversation?” 



                                              “If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.” 









“Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.” 






“Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to."
"I don't much care where –"
"Then it doesn't matter which way you go.” 








“But I don’t want to go among mad people," 
Alice remarked."Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here.” 




“Lastly, she pictured to herself how this same little sister of hers would, in the after-time, be herself a grown woman; and how she would keep, through all her riper years, the simple and loving heart of her childhood: and how she would gather about her other little children, and make their eyes bright and eager with many a strange tale, perhaps even with the dream of Wonderland of long ago: and how she would feel with all their simple sorrows, and find a pleasure in all their simple joys, remembering her own child-life, and the happy summer days.” 




 
A few weeks after Lydia's shoot we received this letter.. My heart stopped and tears began to run down my cheeks as I read the lovely words floating off these pages.  Lydia you will never know what that letter and those words meant to Lollie & I.  It filled our hearts, and helped us remember why we do what we do.  I'm so glad & truly blessed to have spent an afternoon with you in your wonderland.. it's a fantastical place!


Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow!! These photos and the sorry of the sweet beautiful girl, are both just so so lovely! Truly magical!! You sisters have such a wonderful gift! I love all if them, but the one with Lydia in the long dress and her arms hung over the branch, makes my heart flutter!Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok...the mushroom is sheer genius!! You both are out of this world amazingly creative!!! This session is breathtakingly beautiful!!!!!!!! :) Seriously!!! As I look through these images, I really feel like I'm looking at a real life 'Wonderland'!!!

    ReplyDelete